Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wine Review: Jacuzzi 2009 Barbera


Let me first say that I love the label. I have a soft spot for vintage photos; you have to know your past to know your future. Therefore, as you read this review you will see this winery has a mighty bright future!  This wine is a very deep garnet color. The nose has aromas of red fruit like raspberries and cherries, and a hint of dust (dust in a good way). The palate mirrors the nose with an addition to a lush mouth feel, fruit forward flavor profile, and hints of tobacco. This wine was bold, but softened by the delicious fruit. I truly love this wine! I paired this wine with a panini filled with a garlic, crushed red pepper mayonnaise, beef pastrami, black olives, strips of roasted red pepper and provolone cheese. This was a wonderful pairing. I think this wine would be great with pepperoni pizza, burgers and ribs/pork off the grill. I can certainly see why this wine won the honor of BEST OF CLASS in the
2011 San Francisco Chronicle Wine CompetitionNote: This wine was a sample provided by Jaccuzi Family Vineyards http://www.jacuzziwines.com SRP $25.00

I am not fond of stemless wine glasses, but I could see this wine in this wine glass this filled with this wine sitting on my deck, while the burgers or pork skewers are grilling!

I do recommend washing them by hand. I have some acrylic wine glasses ( they survived Hurricane Katrina) with stems and the dishwasher can make them cloudy.

Try this wine with my suggested food pairings and let me know what you think; leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment