Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cupcakes Are All The Rage!

My cupcakes on my lovely platter that got broken!

I love watching the cooking channels because,  you can gather ideas and tweak recipes to make them your own. I added a little pure vanilla extract to Ina's Ganache recipe and dipped cupcakes made from Pillsbury's yellow cake mix, okay, I cheat sometimes. These cupcakes look like grown up cupcakes. I like to use Folger's Instant Coffee Granules or Nescafe Taster's Choice instant coffee. Here is Ina's link: 
Thanks to the Food Network for allowing us to find great recipes.

Cupcakes have become so popular that there is a show on the food channel entitled. "Cupcake Wars." I think we love then so much because they in a paper lined wrapper and it is "just for you; no knife needed!"

They can be decorated with fresh non-toxic flowers, flowers made of candy, fruit, shimmering sugar, the ideas are limitless. Also,  check out these beautiful cupcake liners  http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_PP1620. Also, people are putting the cupcakes on tiered serving pieces to really make a grand statement.



Williams & Sonoma

I think that if you have an outdoor party and serve grilled burgers and pair them with red wine; the deep chocolate flavor of the cupcakes will be the perfect end to a casual meal.

Well, burgers have become a little dressy these days, with all the new cheeses and sauces, etc. that can enhance a burger to "gourmet status." Try this Merlot from Rutherford Ranch with the above burger and cupcake pairing and let me know what you think. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Rutherford Ranch Winery http://www.rutherfordwine.com  SRP $18.00

No comments:

Post a Comment