Saturday, November 17, 2012

Wine Review:Rodney Strong 2011 Charlotte's Home Sauvignon Blanc Estate Vineyards

 
First of all, I want to say, I am not one of those people who think that Sauvignon Blanc only needs to be consumed in the warmer months. I think Saugivon Blanc made in the style of this wine is a winner all year round. I am so lucky to be able to see the slight variations of this wine from vintage to vintage. I have to say that the fruit in this vintage is just "superb."  Another thing I like about this wine is that it has a screw cap. I know some people feel that the screw cap is not classy. I want you to close your eyes and imagine this; a classy, sexy dress, which has easy access ( ladies, and gentlemen, you know what I mean...), meets a wine bottle with a screw cap!
 
This wine is a light straw color. The nose is filled with ripe, and extremely aromatic notes of melon, pear, and citrus. The palate just exudes those juicy, ripe fruit flavors of pear, melon and citrus along with herbal and mineral notes. But the fruit is the star of this wine. I just adore this vintage. It is a wine that you just can't have one glass; the acidity is nice, as well as the finish in this Sauvignon Blanc. It has the qualities that I like in a wine; it is great to sip alone or to be paired with light appetizers, fresh goat cheese or with a meal. This wine would pair well with a crab cake or orange or apricot glazed shrimp on skewers. The indoor grill or grill pan can come out in the cooler months to make this wonderful pairing. You just make sure in either method of grilling that you soak wooden skewers the allotted time that is printed on the package. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Rodney Strong Vineyards http://www.rodneystrong.com SRP $15.00
 
Another pairing suggestion, with a recipe thanks to Chef Anne Burrell.
 
 
I love these bites on their own as an appetizer. This is a recipe by Chef Anne Burrell of the Food Network http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/grilled-prosciutto-wrapped-figs-stuffed-with-goat-cheese-recipe/index.html  This appetizer would pair well with this ripe and juicy Sauvignon Blanc, due to the goat cheese and figs.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment