Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cooking and Feeling Good


Cooking serves so many purposes, mainly nourishing the body. But I find that cooking can nourish your soul. When I need to feed my soul, I create a recipe. The thoughts about how all the ingredients will come together and create something new and good,  gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

When I talk to my friends who don't like to cook, I tell them try cooking something in their kitchen and see how accomplished you will feel when your dish comes out so good. I had a friend who was never into cooking. She tried a few of my recipes and her family loved them; she then realized the power of the pots! She also realized how learning how to cook can add another layer to your internal resume.

Cooking is truly a way to let your creative juices flow and for you to share your experiences and culinary creations with your family and friends. This blog is a way for me to share my recipes and wine pairing suggestions with you.

Shopping for the ingredients always makes me happy. I love our local Fresh Market, there is everything you would ever need to create gourmet meals or a simple but elegant breakfast. I was so blessed to get a little cash for my birthday so I went to the Fresh Market and bought some staples for my pantry as well as some of their wonderful rib eye steaks that were on sale! I eyed some beautiful Heirloom tomatoes, but did not buy any. I really loved the purple colored one and a striated colored one. I think I may have to splurge and pick up those two beautiful tomatoes.

I picked up some extra virgin olive oil, French Dijon and whole grain mustard and some anchovies. I intend on making lots of salad dressings. In addition, I got a gift card so I ordered some French champagne vinegar; I know that should add lots of flavor to my salad dressings.

The great thing about cooking is having a glass of wine and relaxing while cooking. Yes relaxing, cooking can relax you; you become involved in a creative process that is all your own. I like to have a little snack like Humboldt Fog goat cheese on a thin slice of French bread and a glass of sparkling wine or a piece of aged cheddar cheese and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon while cooking. Try my formula for a relaxing cooking time; all the elements are listed below.

Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese


Sparkling Wine and my Park Lane Flute saved from Hurricane Katrina

A Little Music

Try my formula and let me know how things turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment