Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wine and Goat Cheese Party

I just wanted to share this wealth of information that I found on Pottery Barn's website. My favorite pairing with goat cheese is sparkling wine. I love to put the goat cheese on a thin slice of baguette. My favorite baguette's are the ones that I purchase from my local Fresh Market. This pairing is to die for!

http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/dinnerware-entertaining/party-planner/wine-cheese-party/

J Cuvee 20 Brut

This wine is a beautiful light golden hue, with ongoing small tight bubbles. The nose is filled with notes of lemon, a hint of orange, apple and pear along with a hint of yeast. The palate mimics the nose but includes the flavor of grapefruit. This wine is so fresh and lively, and the finish has that right amount of acidity to make this sparkling wine food friendly. I paired this wine with Cypress Grove Chevre's Humboldt Fog on a thin slice of French bread. I would also pair this wine with oysters on the half shell or any oyster based appetizer or main course. Note: This wine was a sample provided by J Winery. http://www.jwinery.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love your article and I love J wines! You pairing suggestion sounds wonderful Lorrie!

    ReplyDelete