Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wine Review: arteZin 2010 Zinfandel, Mendocino County


Okay, I have to say I got this wine on yesterday, and felt compelled to open it on yesterday. My son and I had pizza for dinner, so I said this should go well together due to the sausage and the other toppings. I was right on point! This wine was a deep red color and has a slight violet hue around the edge. The nose is what blew me away! I love a red wine that has a beautiful dark fruit driven nose. The nose were filled with dark fruit aromas of raspberries, along with a hint of cedar, baking spices and black pepper. The palate mirrored the nose, along with a slight hint of lead, giving the wine some structure.  There was also that wonderful dark fruit, spice and black pepper to complete the flavor profile of this tasty Zinfandel. The wine was lush and a joy to drink. I think this wine would pair well with red meat off the grill, rack of lamb coated with a balsamic glaze made with raspberry preserves and cracked back pepper. Another great pairing would be barbecue ribs glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce.  Purple Haze goat cheese on a slice of baguette, or on a cracker would be a wonderful cheese pairing. I found this wine to be great on it's own, when you need a nice easy going red to sip. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Artezin Wines http://www.artezinwines.com  SRP $18.00

Try Bonne Maman brand preserves when making a glaze for your rack of lamb. http://www.bonnemaman.us  Note: This product was a sample provided by Bonne Maman.

PS I want to create a glaze recipe soon with these preserves. I can't wait to see what magical dish I can create to pair with this Zinfandel!

No comments:

Post a Comment