Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wine Review: Dashwood 2011 Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand



Well, Earth Day will be celebrated on April 22, 2012. I can remember when I was a young woman in New Orleans, planting marigolds around my mailbox to celebrate Earth day and add beauty to the front of my first home. But as I got older and realized how the earth sustains us, and that is when the concept of "going green" had finally taken on a whole new meaning to me. Wineries have become aware how important it is to preserve the earth, because it provides us with all the things we need. This New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is a Certified NZ Sustainable wine.
This wine is a light straw color. The aromas of gooseberry, citrus, stone fruit, and wonderful tropical fruit notes just jump out of the glass. Those same bright fruit flavors are on the palate, all in harmony to create this refreshing wine. The finish is nice and has some mineral notes, and just the amount of acidity to make this wine pair well with food. This wine is just what you need to sip on a spring or summer day. I would pair this wine with fresh goat cheese, grilled shrimp or chicken skewers, fish, and crab cakes. I also love the fact that this wine has a screw cap!  Note: This wine was a sample provided by Pasternak Wine Imports http://www.pasternakwine.com SRP $14.99

No comments:

Post a Comment