Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wine Review: Les Charmes Chardonnay Macon-Lugny, France

This wine is a straw color. The nose is filled with beautiful aromas of ripe citrus fruit, a hint of peach and floral notes. The palate is lush, and has those same ripe citrus fruit flavors, peach notes, and hint of lemon zest on the finish. The wine has some mineral notes along with a nice dose of acidity. It was like I was transported to France, or maybe I just got a bit of France in my wine glass. This wine would be great to sip alone or be paired with light appetizers, light cheeses, grilled shrimp or fish, crab cakes, grilled chicken on skewers. I think it be wonderful paired with fresh goat cheese coated with Panko bread crumbs and pan fried until lightly brown, and then placed on top of your favorite salad greens with a light salad dressing. This would make a wonderful spring or summer salad. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Pasternak Wine Imports http://www.pasternakwine.com  I also love that this wine has a screw cap!



I had this wine in my Fleur De Lis wine glass from Ballard Designs http://www.ballarddesigns.com   How French of me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment