Saturday, June 25, 2011

Product Review: The Wine Glass Writer




Okay, I told a sales person at a wine shop about the pens, and she asked why would you need something like that? I told her wine charms are great, but if you have had a few too many glasses of wine or just one glass of wine, you will always know your name, therefore you can identify your glass. Who wants to drink from someone else's glass unless you are in a relationship or married! I have issues with drinking behind other people, so this pen works for me!  I followed the directions and the wine glass writer pens worked well. 

You have to lay the glasses on a kitchen towel (Note: that is what I did so I could have a handle on my handwriting, but if you are steady with your hands this step is not necessary),  and do your best handwriting and write your guest names on the glasses. If you are serving a chilled wine write the name above the pour line, and then wait for the amount of time that the pens tell you you to wait, 30 seconds or I would wait a little longer. But I believe in prepairing for a party, so I can have smooth sailing!

 I love the concept of the pen and the writing comes off easily, just soap and water. I drank from the side of the glass without the writing to ensure that my name stayed intact. You should follow the directions on the back of the package for the best results. When drinking chilled wines you write "above the chill/pour line."


I also used it on some of my cheese markers from Pottery Barn and the markers worked well; but you have to write like a regular person, not like me; I write "big." So, I had to go back and write like a regular person and the pen worked well. You can also be creative and draw on the glasses, as well as write the brand name, vintage and varietal of the wine which was poured in the glass. Note: These  pens were a sample provided by the Wine Glass Writer.  SRP $6.95-$8.95 and there are two pens in the package, one green and one deep pink. Try them and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Lorrie 








No comments:

Post a Comment