Monday, June 6, 2011

What Would Elizabeth Taylor Drink?


Elizabeth Taylor
February 27, 1932 - March 23, 2011

I have noted in a previous post that I am usually not an avid admirer of movie stars, but Liz Taylor and I never met, but I feel we have a kinship in so many ways. She was and always will be in my opinion one of the most beautiful women in the world. Her work with AIDS and other charities only enhanced her beauty in my eyes. Liz like me believes in marriage, even if you have to try a few times to get it right. The love of diamonds and luxury is another thing we share. I can only dream of how it felt to live like her and own some of the most precious gems in the world; but I'm okay with my little luxuries.

I read an article off the Internet about her being interviewed in London at a restaurant along with her beloved husband "times two" Richard Burton. The article says the interviewer and Liz had champagne and her hubby had  Perrier, he was as they call it "on the wagon." Liz wanted him to the "best" Richard Burton" he could be in the husband department, as the article stated, but not as nicely as I have put it. Richard Burton was a talented actor and a man who really could buy a girl great diamonds!

I also love champagne and sparkling wine, diamonds, great food, helping others and of course men to love and adore me, (what girl would not want that); Liz and I had so much in common.

Could you imagine being all "dolled up" wearing the "Hope Diamond Necklace" with a glass of champagne and a man looking at you like he saw a mirage? All I can do is dream!


Taylor-Burton Necklace with the Hope Diamond

Champagne and sparkling wine can make any woman feel special. You don't have to be a movie star to drink like one. Maybe Liz drank Dom Perignon, or as the rich lovingly call it "Dom." 



I was given two bottles of "Dom" a few years ago by a friend; that was my only opportunity to sample one of the most celebrated champagnes of the world. My sparkling wines are usually from California these days. In my youth, I had a few admirers who would bring my favorite, at that time,  Moet & Chandon White Star when they "came to court." I love and support my California wineries that create sparkling wines that can "wow" you when poured in a flute!

I wonder if Liz drank her champagne in a Baccarat Messena Flute, or was it poured in a "coupe" or saucer? Maybe it was poured in a classic, simple crystal flute by Waterford, Riedel or Lenox

Baccarat Massena Flute



I just felt compelled to write an entry about the fabulous Elizabeth Taylor. We both are women born under the zodiac sign of Pisces, maybe that's why we love to love, give, feel deeply, and enjoy some of the beautiful things in life. In every interview I've ever seen with Liz Taylor she always expressed humility and never felt the need to apologize for her love of diamonds. Liz, I just wished we could have had a few appetizers and a few glasses of champagne, because we really could have had a great time!

Check out some of these wonderful California sparkling wines!









Cheers,

Lorrie







No comments:

Post a Comment