Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My New Love of Bargain Books

My entire life I have always wanted new books. The newness, the exclusivity of them being "mine" first was always a thrill. Now that I am older, I realize that there is value in a "gently" used book. I still want a clean book, but with the economy being the way it is, a used book can answer a need for a good book.

My book choices usually revolve around cookbooks, entertaining books and interior design books. I order my books off of amazon, then click on used books when there is the option of purchasing used books. I ordered one book from Bargain Book Stores and it was in excellent condition. It has made me order three more books; I will have to give you an update on their condition when they arrive.

Good cookbooks are even the most accomplished cooks best friend. It takes the guess work out of shopping lists, temperatures, measurements and gives you the opportunity to make a dish your own. I ordered a cookbook from the famed Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme. As you know, I am from New Orleans, so creole cooking is a way of life for me. I cook all types of fare, but that good old southern cooking not only feeds your stomach, but also your soul.

This bargain book love affair is a great way to get all those cookbooks and lifestyle books that you wanted and still have a few dollars left to buy a bottle or two of wine. I just refuse to let the economy stop me from having some of life's little luxuries!

No comments:

Post a Comment