Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wine Review: J Brut Rose` Russian River Valley


Okay, you have to talk about the bottle; it is all glammed up and just sexy! With the artfully black painted "J" and no label, the wine looked like the wine version of the "Little Black Dress." I poured it in a clear, but faceted stem from the Mikasa Parklane suite, that I rescued from my Hurricane Katrina damaged home in New Orleans, and decided to reminisce while sampling this wine; if those flutes could talk!
The color is a beautiful shade of pink, almost like a beautiful slice of watermelon. The bubbles are tiny and ongoing. The aromas are of strawberries, citrus and a hint of apple and brioche. The palate has cherry flavors along with strawberry, citrus and lemon zest on the finish. I really loved this wine; I am a sucker for Brut Rose` champagne or sparkling wine. I cheated and paired it with Grape Chicken Salad that I purchased from my local Kroger's food store. I added a pinch of cayenne pepper to my chicken salad; I like a touch of heat added to my food. I put a bit of salad on a cracker, and found that this was a great pairing , especially when the grape popped in my mouth.
So, you don't have to be a gourmet cook to experience a great pairing, just find a great deli!  I'd also pair this sparkling wine with salmon, chicken, Purple Haze goat cheese or Truffle Tremor goat cheese by Cypress Grove Chevre. This wine is also great to sip alone. Note:  This wine was a sample provided by J Vineyards & Winery. SRP $28.00 http://www.jwine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment