Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wine Review: Jacuzzi Family Vineyards 2008 Estate Merlot Carneros


I want to first say that Merlot was my first red wine love. This wine reminds me why I fell in love with Merlot. This wine has a deep garnet color. The nose is filled with aromas of dark cherries, cocoa dust and a hint of green olives. The palate mirrors the nose with those juicy cherry flavors and notes of green olive, with a sweet kiss of chocolate, all well integrated to make this a fine Merlot. The tannins are supple, but gives the wine just the right amount of structure. I paired this wine with a meat sauce, spaghetti and cheese casserole, and green salad with Roma tomatoes. I would also pair this wine with a grilled steak, burger, Cahill Porter Cheese or an aged cheddar. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Jacuzzi Family Vineyards http://www.jacuzziwines.com SRP $16.99

No comments:

Post a Comment