Thursday, November 10, 2011

Product Review: Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves


I love all things French, and these preserves are made in France. These  Cherry Preserves are made from cherries, sugar, natural cane sugar, concentrated lemon juice and fruit pectin; this was the ingredients noted on the back of the label. These preserves have nice size pieces of cherries, along with a nice cherry flavored syrup. The taste is not overly sweet, just right; it also makes for a wonderful glaze! Note: This was a sample provided for my review by Andros Foods USA, Inc. http://www.bonnemaman.us SRP $5.49

I developed a glaze with these cherry preserves that I used on a pork loin, but it would be great on chicken, lamb, or salmon.

Lorrie's Cherry Provencal Glaze

2 tsp Victoria Taylor's Herbes de Provence http://www.vgourmet.com
1 tsp of finely chopped rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 and  1/4 tsp good Dijon mustard (I used Maille Dijon Mustard)
1 cup Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves

Preparation

Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. I used this glaze on a pork loin that was tied with kitchen string, seasoned with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning , and I pan seared the loin on all sides in a heated cast iron skillet with a little canola oil. Then I cooked my pork loin in a preheated 350 degree oven until my desired doneness. Use a meat thermometer to get your best cooking results; I just cook my pork for about 45 minutes. I like my pork done, but not dry.  I begin to glaze the meat 15 minutes prior to my final cooking time. This is a wonderful glaze, and a wonderful cherry preserve to put on your biscuit for breakfast or on a croissant for brunch. Try it, and tell me what you think. Try this with your favorite Pinot Noir!






No comments:

Post a Comment