Friday, December 23, 2011

Wine Review: Bogle 2010 Riesling

I must admit that this wine pleasantly surprised me! I am not a fan of Riesling, but this Riesling had the right amount of residual sugar that kept it balanced, and not cloyingly sweet. This wine has aromas of ripe apples, pears, hints of baking spice and citrus notes, mainly honeysuckle. The palate mirrored the nose along with a nice dose of acidity. I would pair this with pork, orange glazed chicken, soft cheeses, fresh goat cheese, crab cakes, Asian cuisine and one of my favorites Philadelphia Cream Cheese topped with Tabasco Brand Pepper Jelly served with Ritz crackers.This is an easy no-fuss appetizer and wine pairing that is sure to please. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Bogle Vineyards for review. http://www.boglewinery.com SRP $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment