Monday, November 8, 2010

Wines that Stay on Your Mind

Well, before I talk about wines that have made a lasting impression on me, I have to say that the marinade I created for my steaks on yesterday turned out great! So, play around with those ingredients when making your own marinade.



I had the pleasure of having Frank Family Vineyards 2007 Zinfandel. I can't seem to get this wine out of my head. It has to be the best Zin that I've ever had! The problem is I can't get my hands on another bottle. The wine is not available in Arkansas, and due to shipping laws, "no can do!" I had this wine with a tomato basil garlic brushchetta http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/fresh-tomato-toasts-bruschetta-di-pomodori.html?cm_src=RECIPESEARCH, and an open faced grilled Da Vinci Gouda cheese appetizer. I have to say this was great.

Another two wines that have stayed on my mind are from Long Island. Castello de Borghese Chardonnette and Fleurette, which is a rose` wine.
The wines were just great to sip on, but would pair well with an appetizer or salad. Another wine that stays on my mind is Red Diamond 2007 Merlot. It was just smooth and easy to drink. I find that when evaluating wines, I don't look at price. Sure some wines are of a different tier or class, but it all boils down to if you like it, will it pair well with the food and is it affordable for you. I'm also impressed with the J 2009 Pinot Gris. I will be getting a few bottles to have on hand for the holidays.

Rodney Strong's 2009 Charlotte Home Sauvignon Blanc is one of my favorite white wines to have in my wine cellar. I truly love sparkling wine as you can see on this blog. The Domaine Carneros Brut is still on my mind.

Well, this is just a few wines that I'm in love with right now; I will add more wines to this list this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment