Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bogle Vineyards 2010 Pinot Noir, CA

This wine is a deep garnet color. The nose is filled with aromas of sour cherries, raspberries, cola notes along with hints of earth and spice. The palate is filled with those flavors exhibited in the nose of berries, cola, hints of cedar, earth and vanilla. There are some tannins, but they help this wine to be big enough to be paired with grilled meats as well as salmon. This Pinot Noir has some weight on the palate, and is a big enough Pinot Noir that I paired it with grilled flank steak. It was a wonderful pairing. This wine is also a "bang for the buck" wine, so you can keep a few bottles on hand for entertaining or to pair with your dinner. Note: This was a sample provided by Bogle Winery http://www.boglewinery.com SRP $11.00


When I prepared my flank steak, I gave it a pounding with my meat mallet and let it marinate in Stubb's Beef Marinade for at least an hour or so and used Victoria Taylor's Cracked Black Pepper Rub http://www.vgourmet.comon each side when grilling my flank steak. I grilled my flank steak inside on a cast iron grill pan due to the summer heat. Cook until your desired doneness; but flank steak does not need to be grilled too long, and it should be sliced against the grain. Try this pairing and tell me what you think!

Cheers,

Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment