Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chef Anne Burrell Inspired Me



I love watching the cooking channel, and I have became a fan of chef Anne Burrell. So, I decided to make her Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Goat Cheese; Anne has it as a topping on a salad, but I choose to serve it as an appetizer.  I paired the appetizer with Segura Viudas Brut Rose`Cava, it was inexpensive and after I bought all of the ingredients, an inexpensive Cava fit into my small budget.

I usually post my own original recipes, but this turned out so well, I felt that I had to share this with you. Of course I used certain brand ingredients like Ecco Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Rutherford Ranch Winery http://www.rutherfordranch.com , Fini Balsamic Vinegar , and LA Bonne VIE Goat Cheese that I purchased from my local Kroger's grocery store.

 Black Mission figs were hard for me to find, but my local Fresh Market had finally got some in, and also had some lovely prosciutto in the deli case. I grilled my tasty appetizers on my Emeril's cast iron grill pan. I purchased a set of his pots about three years ago it was a bonus gift, and the grill pan works well when you want to grill indoors. It has been too hot in Little Rock to grill out doors.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/grilled-prosciutto-wrapped-figs-stuffed-with-goat-cheese-recipe/index.html

I want to say thanks to the Food Network for allowing us to find great recipes. This is my first recipe of chef Burrell that I have made, and now I'm gathering up my ingredients to make it again; they were wonderful! I'm sure they would have paired well with a still rose` wine as well, but at $7.99 for the Cava, I felt I could not go wrong!


Cheers,

Lorrie

1 comment: