Monday, July 4, 2011

For The Love Of Wine

Dear Readers,

I just wanted to share with you all an article that heightens my humility, makes me proud, makes me want to cook, review wine,  and share my experiences with you. I hope that this article will take you on a walk into who Lorrie S. LeBeaux is as a person, mother, wife, friend, educator and wine writer.
This was a chalkboard that was hanging in my kitchen of my home in New Orleans, before Hurricane Katrina. I had taken a photo of it to put in the newsletter I started writing in 2005, "Life's Little Luxuries Newsletter."
I saved a bag of photos when I evacuated my home a day before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. Well, I look at the pictures of how my home was set up for entertaining and photos of the dining room and kitchen when I was preparing for a wine tasting event, and just the pictures of my home and life before the storm. The chalkboard has Lorrie's  Wine Picks as the title and a listing of some of the wineries who supported me in the beginning of my writing. Look closely and you can see, Schramsberg, Rutherford Ranch, Honig, and Ceja Vineyards written on the board.  I saved the chalkboard when I returned to my damaged home, the bottom just needed to be wiped off and it now hangs in my kitchen in Little Rock, AR.
They all still communicate with me and send me wines to review. I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart.  Life has it's challenges for all of us, but I hope that my story helps you remember that you can survive even the worst of times and keep on living.
http://www.wine-blog.org/index.php/2010/05/26/how-new-orleans-and-wine-come-together-in-the-same-breath/

Thank you Jo Diaz for allowing my story to be told. Also, thanks to all my friends who provided heart felt comments on the blog article.


This was what I called my Wine Diva Display.  I took this photo of some of my favorite wine things, especially my wine sandals. I could sparkle and serve my guests food and wine all night! This was going to be a picture for my newsletter.  Here are some of my other favorite wine related photos of my home before Hurricane Katrina. Boy, we had some good times!


Getting Ready for a Wine Tasting 2005

Excuse the lines, that is how the scan scanned these pictures.


This picture was taken in my kitchen. Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc and my famous Oyster Appetizers.

And this was a photo of the wine cellar never staying filled; there was always some party going on back then. So again, excuse the scanning and I hope that see wine and food are my passions.

Cheers,

Lorrie

PS Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment