Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wine and Food Talk

2006 Women of the Vine Syrah

I just love plain and easy to understand wine talk. Actually my wine and food style as well as my writing style is simple. Simple foods and great wines are some of the best pairings. I just recently paired Women of the Vine Cellars 2006 Syrah with a grilled steak, aged cheddar cheese and andouille sausage. All pairings were simple but delicious. The big thing was That the quality of the wine and foods were outstanding. Hint: The Aged cheddar Cheese, Andouille Sausage and Rib Eye Steaks were purchased from my local Fresh Market. I've found that the extra money I spend on "splurge" items like the ones listed above for my super wine pairings is really worth the money.

Andouille Sausage

Aged Cheddar

If you are wine and food lover and can find a group of people to talk "wine talk" you are lucky. I have to look for people to talk wine talk with due to being the only one in my very small circle who really loves wine. So you, my readers are my connection to the world of wine and food. Here is a video segment that has a nice wine discussion. I enjoyed it, and I hope that you enjoy it as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IVVIjnayM&feature=player_embedded#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AZXSLGNIHg&feature=player_embedded

Cheers,

Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment