Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Repurpose

I am a firm believer in repurposing things, especially nice wine bottles and jars. A couple of days ago, I prepared  orange barbecued chicken skewers. I am always "stumped" on where to soak my wooden skewers before using them on an indoor grill pan or an outdoor grill. So I was looking around my kitchen and "spied" a clear and beautiful empty French rose` wine bottle. I saved the bottle because it was beautiful,  and it had a glass stopper. I love glass stoppers! So I filled the wine bottle with water and inserted 6 wooden skewers in the bottle. The bottle is the perfect way to soak skewers! And the left over water is perfect for watering your herb plants. I have repurposed bottles and jars in a way that I believe to be beautiful!



I am calling this my "wine bottle skewer preparer!" I feel a little "Victorian" because they had all sorts of utensils and bottles for every culinary need. 





A repurposed "Ragu" Alfredo sauce jar became my Sugar Free Strawberry Balsamic Salad Dressing jar.


And this wine bottle is being used as a "bud vase."

There are soo many things you can do with empty wine bottles. I think with the right tool to drill a hole in the bottom and a lamp kit,  and add a shade you could make a lamp. I have also used a candle holder insert to make a candelabra with empty bottles. I especially like the dark large wine bottles and gold "Wine Writer" markers. Your guest can sign the bottle and you can write the date. That way you will always remember the fun you all had together.  And there is something very special about a person's handwriting; each signature is unique and special!

I think when we recycle,  we are doing our small part to save our planet! Let me know in the comments some of the ways that you repurpose wine bottles and jars.


No comments:

Post a Comment