Monday, February 28, 2011

Wine Review: Arrogant Frog Lily Pad Red

Arrogant Frog 2009 Lily Pad Red

This wine has a deep garnet color. The nose is filled with dark fruit, spice and a hint of vanilla. The palate has ripe dark fruit flavors with an elegant and lush mouth feel. The tannins are just enough to balance the ripe fruit and make this a balanced wine. This wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. This wine is truly a "bang for the buck" wine. I would pair this wine with a burger, steak and pasta. It would also pair well with a nice piece of aged cheddar. Note: This wine was a sample provided by Palm Bay Imports. SRP $9.99 You can search for this wine at Wine-Searcher.com

I have reviewed this wine before, but I wanted to re- visit it on my blog. I did get a piece of three year aged cheddar and this was a great pairing along with a slow cooked beef pot roast with chopped sage leaves in the gravy. Try this and let me know what you think. Hint:  I purchased the three year aged cheddar from my local Fresh Market. You can ask for a sample of the cheese before you purchase it and also ask them to cut an already packaged piece to size/weight.

Also, this bottle when emptied makes a whimsical candle holder.

Just add the Arrogant Frog empty wine bottle and smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment