Saturday, February 19, 2011

For the Love of Puff Pastry


Puff pastry can make a gourmet cook out of almost anyone with the right recipe. This product should be a staple in any one's freezer who loves to entertain. I have made sweet and savory dishes from this delicious product. I love to use this to make appetizers that are filled with an artichoke, spinach and cheese mixture and then rolled and cut into pinwheels. I also like to cut the sheets int squares and place them in mini muffin tins and fill them with savory or sweet fillings for a party. I want to try a tart that was featured on the show The Barefoot Contessa;  the puff pastry was scored around the edges and docked with a fork to make a savory tart with goat cheese, tomatoes, onions and thyme.

I just love the buttery flavor and the flakiness of the pastry. The possibilities are endless with this product. Southern cheese straws are a snap when using puff pastry. On Williams and Sonoma's website, I was a recipe for a breakfast tart made with, what else, puff pastry!

Can you imagine this for Brunch with a Mimosa! Go to William's and Sonoma's website and put breakfast tart in the search engine to get this recipe. I think this looks stunning!

Palmiers

Palmiers are a wonderful sugar laden pastry made from puff pastry and sugar. These are easy to make and elegant. Just get yourself a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy. I bet if you made some vanilla sugar to sprinkle on these palmiers or added vanilla powder to the sugar they would taste extra delicious. I think I will try this and let you know how they came out.

Here is another brand of puff pastry. I have not used it before, but look forward to using it in the future. I will look for it in my area.

Dufour Puff Pastry



Appetizers in Puff Pastry

As you can see the possibilities are endless when using this wonderful product. Check out this link with some of my puff pastry recipes http://www.mykitchenvault.com/blog/Spinach-Pinwheels-Savoury-Fillings-And-Savory-Pinwheels-Recipes-.html Get some friends with clean hands in the kitchen and let the baking begin. Our hands are our best tools in the kitchen, so the more the merrier. Open a bottle of wine and cook, laugh, eat and love....

No comments:

Post a Comment