Wednesday, November 17, 2010

All Those Pretty Things We Love

I love beautiful things that you can actually use in the kitchen and to entertain with. The holidays always make me take into account the things I have and the things I would love to have.
Mind you most of the things for some reason cost a bundle; can't a girl dream... Here is an example of the splurge item in my dream world.

This Ruffoni stockpot can be purchased at Williams and Sonoma http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/cookware/cookware-ruffoni/

 But, there are a few online websites that have nice serving pieces, like bowls and platter that are affordable, one case in point Crate and Barrel. I got my daughter some white soup bowls and some great multi-purpose glasses for an affordable price.

These are the footed soup bowls and below is the soup tureen.
I love this ladle and serving set from Pottery Barn; it is so nice and inexpensive. I think I'm going to pick one up to use with my gumbo and side dishes for the holidays.  
And let us not forget a beverage bucket. This one is from Wisteria.

Imagine how well your white, rose` and sparkling wines will look in this beverage bucket. There are so many pretty things that a food and wine lover would love to have in their home. Those pretty things say a lot about you and how you care for your guests. Entertaining should be an experience. I have to add this wine stopper again; I love it!
Since I'm from New Orleans, the Fleur de Lis means a lot to me; it is a part of who I am. Also music sets the mood to showcase those pretty things and just plain old good hospitality. I love this CD "Pure" by Boney James. It is so relaxing and classy!
So, relax, cook, sing, sip and have a happy holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment