Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanksgiving and Wine How Divine

Tip: Try this brining blend to make your turkey flavorful and moist! http://www.vgourmet.com/
I used half of my jar on a large chicken and it was so good!

Well, the holidays are approaching, first Thanksgiving, then Christmas and my favorite New Years Eve. I want to give you a few of my wine picks to pair with all the great food that will grace the dining room buffet and table on Thanksgiving.

I know we seem to think Pinot Noir with turkey and all the trimmings, but I've discovered two new wines to consider.
J 2009 California Pinot Gris

This wine would pair well with your turkey or pork roast. I also just discovered a red that would equally pair well with turkey, pork roast and beef roast.

Predator 2009 Old Vine Zinfandel

This wine is one to add to your Thanksgiving spread. This would truly pair well with stuffing made with pork sausage as well as the roast and turkey.

I have not quite put my menu together; I really need to write it down. I know there will be turkey, and dressing, hopefully oyster dressing, cranberry sauce, rice and gravy, sweet potatoes, green peas and dinner rolls. I need to figure out what dessert to make; I don't think I want pie this year; we will see....

I do want to have wine to serve with my meal and some to serve before the meal. I'm thinking sparkling wine to start. Speaking of starters, I saw a recipe with puff pastry wrapped around brie with nuts and fruit. I thought how great would it be to slather Tabasco brand Pepper Jelly over the brie and top with chopped pistachios then wrapped in the puff pastry, brushed with an egg wash and baked until golden.

Well, I hope that you give these wine and food suggestions a try; let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment